After School Teacher
If you would like a job where you make a difference in the lives of kids, join the Gymco team as our new After School Teacher. This job is perfect for:
- an education student who wants to gain teaching experience
- an experienced educator or childcare provider looking for a rewarding job
- a person who loves kids and enjoys working with elementary-age children
- someone who wants the opportunity to teach and mentor the same group of children for the school year
Hours are Monday – Friday 3:00 PM – 6:15 PM (no holidays, no weekends!) The position is scheduled to begin in August with training prior to the start of school. Our Afterschool Instructors work from mid-August – mid-June. Also, if your schedule allows, there is an opportunity to work year-round (as a Day Camp Teacher during school breaks, including next summer.)
- childcare, teaching, or experience with children is required
- interest in physical education or fitness is a plus
- must be 18 years or older
- ability and willingness to complete a comprehensive background check
- TB test completed immediately upon hire
Gymco is located at 2306 Camelot Ridge Court SE Grand Rapids, MI 49546.
Gymco is an innovative, locally owned, small business with high expectations for our company and our staff. We pride ourselves in our family-friendly, team-oriented and professional environment. Our company values teaching children in a fun, supportive, inclusive, non-competitive environment. Since 1980, Gymco has taught over 80,000 students. At Gymco we make a difference in the lives of kids! https://gymco.com/
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Required within 90 days of hire)
- CPR Certification (Required within 90 days of hire)
Work Location: In person
If you would like to join the Gymco team, please complete our application and email it with your cover letter and resumé here.
*Gymnastics experience not required!*
We are looking for a few amazing instructors to join us in our mission as we build skills and confidence, celebrate success, and strive to create a positive experience for our students!
We have classes for any interest and level:
- Presport: Using gymnastics equipment, we prepare students for success in all future sports, with a focus on gross motor skills, coordination, and strength! Ages 3-6 years.
- Gymnastics: Coaching students across skill levels from introductory to advanced on all Olympic events, including bars, beam, vault, and floor. Ages 6 and up.
- Ninja/Freestyle: Ninja style classes focusing on flips and tricks along with increasing strength and agility through obstacle courses, climbing, and more! Ages 3 and up.
- Tumbling: A focus on tumbling skills using floor and trampoline, popular with cheerleaders and dancers, too! Ages 6 and up.
While gymnastics experience is a bonus, we are happy to train anyone who has the desire to learn and the capacity to coach! If you are someone who has an active personality, loves learning and teaching new skills, and consistently strives for growth, this is the spot for you!
This position would be perfect for:
- a stay-at-home parent looking for something fun to add to your day while your kids are in school – – or when your partner can be home with them in the evenings!
- an education, exercise science, or PT/OT student looking for field experience
- anyone looking for flexible scheduling options with a consistent week-to-week schedule
- or anyone who loves working with children!
Hours are flexible, instructors will work specific days & times based on regular availability provided. Total work hours would be approximately 6-20 hours per week, Mondays-Fridays, between 9am-8pm, should also be available to work a Saturday rotation (no Sundays).
Front Office Assistant
Gymco is looking for a front office assistant to provide excellent customer service. This position is perfect for a student or parent looking for a flexible, rewarding part-time job with amazing programming perks. If you believe in the value of a lifetime love of learning and fitness, this is your opportunity to join the Gymco team and make a difference in the lives of our students and families. Our business serves parents & kids, so the ability to work in a fun, family-friendly environment is a must!
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Exceptional customer service skills, in-person, on the phone, and via written communication
- Understand all of Gymco’s programs to be able to provide information to customers
- Ability to discover client needs to cross-sell our products and programs
- Customer-focused, friendly and energetic, yet patient and empathetic with clients and children
- Ability to answer questions, enroll students & problem-solve with a positive can-do approach
- Excellent computer & data entry skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently to achieve team goals
This position is part-time with a variable schedule, but will remain between 8-15 hours per week, consistently. Immediate hiring need is for the morning hours, with some evening and Saturday morning availability required for future scheduling.
Pay: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour