After School Teacher
If you would like a job where you make a difference in the lives of kids, join the Gymco team as our new Afterschool Teacher. This job is perfect for:
- an education student who wants to gain teaching experience
- an experienced educator or childcare provider looking for a rewarding job
- a teacher looking for part-time regular hours
- a person who loves kids and enjoys working with elementary-age children
- someone who wants the opportunity to teach and mentor the same group of children for the school year
Hours are Monday – Friday 3:00 PM – 6:15 PM. (no holidays, no weekends). The position is available immediately. Our Afterschool Instructors work from mid-August – mid-June. Also, if your schedule allows, there is an opportunity to work year-round (as a Day Camp Teacher next summer).
- childcare, teaching or experience with children is required
- early childhood education is preferred
- interest in physical education or fitness is a plus
If you would like to apply to join the Gymco team, please complete our application at https://gymco.com/about/#job and email your cover letter and resume to Beth (at) gymco (dot) com. Gymco is located at 2306 Camelot Ridge Court SE Grand Rapids, MI 49546.
Gymco is an innovative, locally-owned, small business with high expectations for our company and our staff. We pride ourselves in our family-friendly, team-oriented and professional environment. Our company values teaching children in a fun, supportive, inclusive, non-competitive environment. Since 1980, Gymco has taught over 80,000 students. At Gymco we make a difference in the lives of kids! https://gymco.com/
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $14.00 per hour
If you would like to join the Gymco team, please complete our application and email it with your cover letter and resumé here.
*Gymnastics experience not required!*
We are looking for a few amazing instructors to join us in our mission as we build skills and confidence, celebrate success, and strive to create a positive experience for our students!
We have classes for any interest and level:
- Presport: Using gymnastics equipment, we prepare students for success in all future sports, with a focus on gross motor skills, coordination, and strength! Ages 3-6 years.
- Gymnastics: Coaching students across skill levels from introductory to advanced on all Olympic events, including bars, beam, vault, and floor. Ages 6 and up.
- Ninja/Freestyle: Ninja style classes focusing on flips and tricks along with increasing strength and agility through obstacle courses, climbing, and more! Ages 3 and up.
- Tumbling: A focus on tumbling skills using floor and trampoline, popular with cheerleaders and dancers, too! Ages 6 and up.
While gymnastics experience is a bonus, we are happy to train anyone who has the desire to learn and the capacity to coach! If you are someone who has an active personality, loves learning and teaching new skills, and consistently strives for growth, this is the spot for you!
This position would be perfect for:
- a stay-at-home parent looking for something fun to add to your day while your kids are in school – – or when your partner can be home with them in the evenings!
- an education, exercise science, or PT/OT student looking for field experience
- anyone looking for flexible scheduling options with a consistent week-to-week schedule
- or anyone who loves working with children!
Hours are flexible, instructors will work specific days & times based on regular availability provided. Total work hours would be approximately 6-20 hours per week, Mondays-Fridays, between 9am-8pm, should also be available to work a Saturday rotation (no Sundays).