learning on the move…
The Discovery Preschool + Kindergarten program is based on research proving physical movement is critical to brain growth and cognitive ability in young children.
This program is unique in the fact that we strive to spend much of our time actively learning and incorporating movement, while promoting lifelong physical activity.
The Gymco Discovery Preschool and Kindergarten program at both of our Grand Rapids locations follows the same philosophy as all Gymco programs and activities ::
- we use an individualized approach
- we provide appropriate challenges with instruction and encouragement necessary to conquer them
- we provide a safe and positive learning environment
- we develop confidence in children by helping them experience success in small steps
- we promote critical thinking and problem solving skills
To learn more about our special needs program in conjunction with Discovery Preschool and Kindergarten, please visit our Special Needs page.
All Discovery Program teachers are CPR and First Aid certified. All have gone through the Preschool Accreditation Program and continue to further their education. Learn more about our Discovery Preschool and Kindergarten staff >